To join &/or renew with our club go to the MTBA online website and join directly on the web. It is fast, secure and efficient and you will get your membership card in the shortest possible time. When you go through the steps on the web just select ‘Albury Wodonga Mountain Bikers’ as your club and you will automatically become a member of AWMTB as well as MTBA. Alongside the annual memberships below, 3 month options are available in some cases.
There are 2 options for Membership with Albury Wodonga Mountain Bikers (AWMTB).
Option #1 – SOCIAL = Club fee + MTBA ‘Social’ membership
Join AWMTB and have MTBA social membership with all the benefits of being part of Mountainbike Australia and get the club newsletter, regular club emails with “what’s on”, be able to purchase the club jersey and kit, participate in all club social rides and social events and being able to meet like minded people and make new friends to go riding with. If you compete in any of our club races you will need to purchase a $20 day licence for each race you do.
To join AWMTB social click here http://online.mtba.asn.au/ and select MTBA social and Albury Wodonga (under VIC listings) as your club.
Adults: $ 80.00 per year ($20 club fee + $60 MTBA fee)
Juniors U-19: $ 45.00 per year ($5 club fee + $40 MTBA fee)
From MTBA website – MTBA Social Membership: This membership class is for people who do not intend on racing but who wish for the great insurance cover offered by MTBA for our members. This class of membership is strictly non-competitive, so members of the class who wish to enter a race will also need to pay for a day permit. Membership also gives you comprehensive insurance coverage that is perhaps one of the best available in the sporting industry. Full details of the current insurance provisions for members is available here and includes public liability, personal accident cover and capital benefits.
Option #2 – RACING = Club fee + MTBA ‘Race’ Licence
This is for most club members that want to compete in races as well as participate in the social side of the club. It is worthwhile considering purchasing a MTBA race licence if you plan to do a few races each year as you won’t have to purchase a $20 ‘day licence’ each time you compete in a race. Your MTBA licence covers you for a rolling 12 month period at all MTBA races throughout Australia including state & national level events (and all club races). The MTBA licence is also an insurance cover for you whilst mountain biking under all events giving you medical benefits in the event of an accident (Conditions Apply).
To join click here http://online.mtba.asn.au/ and select Albury Wodonga (under VIC listings) as your club.
Adults: $ 149.00 per year ($20 club fee + $129 MTBA fee)
Juniors 13-18yo: $98.00 per year ($5 club fee + $93 MTBA fee)
Dirtmaster 3-12yo: $50.00 per year ($5 club fee + $45 MTBA fee)
Value-add (over 19yo): Cycling Australia / BMXA / ADCC licence holder: $110.00 per year ($20 club fee + $90 MTBA – must have valid CA/BMXA licence with 3 months remaining)
If you are renewing both your AWMTB and MTBA licence visit http://online.mtba.asn.au/ and login with your details.
For more information on Mountain Bike Australia licences please visit the MTBA website: www.mtba.asn.au
For any other information please contact us at [email protected]
From MTBA website –
Some of the benefits of joining MTBA include:
- A national autonomous body for mountain biking
- National series that is raced all over Australia
- Cost effective membership
- Well priced day membership fees
- Rolling licenses (valid for 12 months from date of purchase)
- Flexibility in membership types (both recreational and competitive)
- All money collected by MTBA is returned to mountain biking clubs and riders
- Component of national membership is directed back to assist clubs in local development initiatives
- Trails maintenance funding for states and clubs through setting up and partially funding IMBA AU
- Works to keep trails open for all riders
- All members can race all MTBA events nationwide (club, state series, state championships, national series, national championships)
- Each rider will receive a card
- Works to promote the sport to the general public through its contacts with the media
- Markets the sport to sponsors and television
You can take out as many day membership permits as you like but there are some pretty good reasons why a full 12 month membership is better:
- You get additional insurance coverage for the time you are ‘just’ riding your bike at the same level as the great coverage you get in competition.
- You only have to fill in forms once every 12 months instead of at every event, saving you time and the club volunteer’s time in administration.
- Your membership fee has helped to finance IMBA Australia who lobby Local and State Governments and land managers to open, build and maintain trails that are local to you.
- A full MTBA membership can be used at events held by any other affiliated MTBA club throughout Australia, including at state or national level. You can even accrue UCI points at selected national level events!
- Lastly, a full MTBA membership saves you money – for a junior if you participate in just 4 or more events or for a senior if you participate in only 5 or more events in 12 months you save!